WELCOME HOME to Metropolitan Community Church of New York!
MCCNY Mission Statement
Metropolitan Community Church of New York is a spiritual home for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community, open to all. Through the practices of worship and prayer, social action and human rights work, education, fellowship and generosity we believe all people can experience God’s liberating love, learn to live in right relationship with all creation, and gain the courage to change the world.
We believe MCCNY is called to be the spiritual center of our city. It is our dream, and the dream of the gospel, that people from all walks of life can live together in right relationships and sharing their gifts, talents and resources. No city on earth, no community of faith, is better poised to live out that dream than NYC and MCCNY.
Many of us left our original churches when it became clear that, as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer Christians, we were unwelcome. Some of our churches condemned us, some excommunicated us, some ignored us.
Metropolitan Community Church of New York believes:
- God has created, loves, and includes every person as a unique and wonderful being in the commonwealth of God.
- We are called to live out our faith through social justice and ministry within and beyond the church.
- Prayer and worship are the focus of community life and the foundation of everything we do.
- The purpose of queer people and our particular sexualities is to bring the world to right relationship.
- We are intentionally called to create a spiritual home and safe haven that reflects the diversity of all God’s people. Metropolitan Community Church of New York provides a spiritual home for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community and for all who choose to join us through the practicing of the gospel of Jesus Christ in worship, prayer, social action, education, and fellowship so that all people might experience God’s liberating love, wholeness, and justice; come to live in right relationship with God and all creation; and have the courage to change the world.
Come to MCCNY to learn more about God’s liberating love for all people!